Erectile Dysfunction and Holistic Health 03/11/2012
You've probably already heard by now that the dreaded belly fat is the "bad fat" that can lead straight to your heart, right? But did you know that your penis can be a barometer for your heart health? Your penis has a small artery that gets filled with blood when you get an erection. If the artery gets clogged, it will be very difficult to get an erection. This might suck in the moment, but it could be an early sign (2-5 years) of a life threatening problem with your major arteries down the line.
You don't need to go down the pill track to fix this problem. If you're having trouble getting it up, your diet might be the problem. Eating more fresh foods and less processed foods can help clear it up, saving you money, embarrassment , and potential surgeries. Other things beyond food can cause your erectile health to go south. Stress in relationships, finances, career and spirituality could just as equally effect your abilities. Here are 3 questions to ask yourself to get on track:
1) What is something you know you could be doing for your health and wellness that you just don't do?
example: " I know I eat way too much sugar, especially at night"
2) What are 2 things you know you could change about your situation this week?
example: "1: always have fresh fruit in my bag or at home. 2: stop buying so much junk food"
3) Who do you know who can hold you accountable for the above? Call or write to them today.
And here are 5 natural steps to better erections:
1) Drink water. How much is debatable and different for each person. I drink about 64-75oz per day, more if I have a big workout.
2) Add more dark leafy greens to your diet. You don't have to stop eating anything, just add more greens like Kale.
3) Check in with the cookie monster. Are you raiding the cookie jar at 12am? 3pm? Anytime? For one week, try eating local, seasonal whole fruit instead of refined sugars
4) Get out in Nature. Seriously.
5) Sleep! Are you getting 7-8 hours in every night? Catching up on weekends does not count. Try to get off electronics (computer, tv) at least 1 hour before hitting the sack. The visual stimulation will make it harder to relax, and good sleep leads to less stress, better metabolism and better erectile health.
If you have any questions, or want to tell me how this worked or didn't work for you, get in touch.